Security Tracking of Office Property - Protect your laptop for only $25!
The key to the S.T.O.P. program is a “unique, tamper-proof patented plate, with barcode and indelible tattoo – a simple inexpensive solution to three major problems associated with overseeing office equipment theft prevention, equipment recovery, and asset tracking.”
- The security plate is sealed to your computer case. Requiring up to 800 pounds of force to remove, the plate bears a unique ID number, a warning message, and an 800 number (to call for ownership verification and anti-theft information).
- An Indelible Tattoo – underneath the plate – is automatically chemically etched into the case when the plate is sealed.
- If a thief succeeds in removing the plate, a “STOLEN PROPERTY” message – permanently embedded in the casing – would be revealed with your company ID number and the 800 security phone number.
- A bright red Police Identifiable Warning Sticker adds to the deterrence effectiveness.
- The device makes the computer worthless for thieves since it is virtually impossible to resell. It allows rapid tracking of lost or misplaced equipment.
- Each plate ID number is registered to the S.T.O.P. international database, along with the equipment description and ownership information.
- A simple 800 call to S.T.O.P. quickly verifies the legitimate owner. Stolen property is reported to the anti-theft hotline. S.T.O.P. will immediately help to notify the police and register your property with the FBI and INTERPOL.
- The cost if $25.00 for a three-year period.
- If you or your department wishes to have these theft deterrent items placed on your computers please call:
Access Control 203-432-OPEN (6736) or email 432-OPEN@yale.edu.
For additional information on Security Services, please dial 203 785-5555.