What is it?
Bulldog Mobile is a service that gives students, staff, and faculty on campus an effective way to coordinate with Yale Police (YPD) via a mobile device to help provide a safe and secure campus environment. With Bulldog Mobile, you can use your cell phone as a personal security device to provide the YPD with accurate information about yourself and your location in the case of an emergency. The service also allows you to set an escort timer that contacts the police if you do not reach your destination in time.
How does it work?
How Do I use it?
Call Bulldog Mobile: When you want to set an escort timer, call 203-672-4791. When you want to contact the police with your personal information and GPS location, call 203-672-1613.
Important Points to Remember
- In an emergency always dial 911. This Bulldog Mobile service should not replace the standard practice of dialing (203) 432-4400 from your cell phone (or 203-432-4400 from a campus phone) to report campus-based police, fire, suspicious circumstances, or medical emergencies to the Yale Police Department.
- The Bulldog Mobile service should only be utilized in areas within the location of Yale University (this DOES include all of Yale’s satellite locations).
- As with any cell phone usage, certain factors (such as signal strength, type and quality of your phone carrier, and dead spots) can affect the GPS locator accuracy.
- To maximize the full benefit of this service, your user profile should contain a current photo and accurate self-description. The more information you provide in your profile, the easier it will be for YPD to locate you, if necessary. You can change your profile picture at any time.
- When using the precautionary timer tool, it is strongly recommended that you leave an accompanying voicemail message informing YPD about your current location, intended destination, intended course of travel, etc. This information will greatly facilitate any necessary response actions coordinated by YPD.
- Your profile information will not be viewable by YPD if you conduct a successful timer activation and de-activation. YPD personnel will see your profile information only if your alarm has been activated (panic alarm or timer expiration).
- If you are in duress upon receiving a call back from YPD personnel, provide a PIN number one number above your actual code when prompted to recite your PIN (i.e. if your PIN is 5555 say 5556 if in duress.)