Bulldog Mobile - Always at your side!
The personal safety of all Yale community members is a top priority of the Yale Police Department.
Bulldog Mobile gives students, staff and faculty on campus an effective way to coordinate with Yale Police (YPD) via mobile device to help provide a safe and secure campus environment. With Bulldog Mobile, you can use your cell phone as a personal security device with to activate the GPS tracking technology and escort timer options.
How does it work?
Speed Dial - You can trigger immediate YPD dispatch with speed dial, along with critical profile information.
Emergency GPS Locator - Based on your cell phone signal, a GPS locator is activated during your active call. The registered profile information assists YPD in identifying and locating you. GPS is only activated when you make the call.
Escort Timer - You can set a timer for reaching a target destination. If the timer is not deactivated after a series of reminders, or when you reach your destination, YPD will be notified.
Register with your Net ID and password. Update your profile with your physical description, a photo, your address, residential college, known allergies or other optional medical information. Lastly, choose a unique PIN number to complete the Bulldog Mobile registration process. This information is kept strictly confidential a 3rd party vendor Rave Guardian manages the database.
Any information you provide for the Bulldog Mobile system is kept completely confidential. YPD never sees your information or tracks your location unless you contact them for assistance.
YPD also has worked with Yale ITS to ensure our vendor follows Yale University's standards for data protection.
With Bulldog Mobile you can build a unique personal profile that instantly provides YPD dispatchers with critical information when you call them from your registered phone number. All the information you provide is 100% optional and is seen only by highly trained YPD dispatchers when you call 203-672-1613 for assistance.
Bulldog Mobile allows GPS tracking to be activated on your phone when you call in. If you need immediate assistance, but are unable to give your location, Bulldog Mobile helps Yale Police and emergency responders locate you. They will be able to see your profile from their YPD mobile devices. Your location is never visible to YPD unless you call 203-672-1613.
Personalized Escort Timer and Check-In
You can set a timer for reaching a target destination. If the timer is not deactivated upon reaching the destination or after a series of reminders, YPD will be notified. Once you are registered, you can activate the escort timer by dialing 203-672-4791.
Important Points to Remember
- In an emergency always dial 911. This Bulldog Mobile service should not replace the standard practice of dialing (203) 432-4400 from your cell phone (or 203-432-4400 from a campus phone) to report campus-based police, fire, suspicious circumstances, or medical emergencies to the Yale Police Department.
- The Bulldog Mobile service should only be utilized in areas within the location of Yale University (this DOES include all of Yale's satellite locations).
- As with any cell phone usage, certain factors (such as signal strength, type and quality of your phone carrier, and dead spots) can affect the GPS locator accuracy.
- To maximize the full benefit of this service, your user profile should contain a current photo and accurate self-description. The more information you provide in your profile, the easier it will be for YPD to locate you, if necessary. You can change your profile picture at any time.
- When using the precautionary timer tool, it is strongly recommended that you leave an accompanying voicemail message informing YPD about your current location, intended destination, intended course of travel, etc. This information will greatly facilitate any necessary response actions coordinated by YPD.
- Your profile information will not be viewable by YPD if you conduct a successful timer activation and de-activation. YPD personnel will see your profile information only if your alarm has been activated (panic alarm or timer expiration).
- If you are in duress upon receiving a call back from YPD personnel, provide a PIN number one number above your actual code when prompted to recite your PIN (i.e. if your PIN is 5555 say 5556 if in duress.)